A Complete Line of SEM Mounts, Stubs and Planchets
SPI Supplies offers a wide variety of SEM Mounts, Stubs and Planchets for all your sample preparation needs.
Several aluminum mount finishes are available:
- Lathe: Our standard product, economically priced, made from an aluminum alloy that is specially selected for its machinability and which provides a relatively smooth surface. Excellent when a substrate is needed for use with carbon tapes and discs.
- Luster: Our tumbled finish, giving a very smooth surface that can be used with or without tapes and paints.
- Polished: Our high quality polished finished, down to 0.1um. Excellent for when needing a very smooth surface without tapes.
Available in a number of styles (cylindrical, pin mount, angled), sizes and diameters.
All of our carbon mounts are spectroscopically pure carbon, purified to reduce all impurities to the less than 10 ppm-level. Two styles are offered:
- Standard finish, for a pure carbon surface.
- Ultra Smooth finish: A highly smooth for use with powders and other samples for EDS preparation.
- High-quality planchets made from pyrolytic graphite, beryllium or diamond.
- Excellent for powders, particles and other samples
- Use when standard SEM stubs will not do!
- Highly polished surfaces
- Low Bremsstrahlung background
- 25mm “forensic” aluminum with special adhesive tape.
- Designed for Case Work and acceptance in courtroom settings.
- Uniquely numbered for full documentation and traceability.
Learn more about Gunshot Residue Kits
Unique and special mounts and adapters for the SEM user.
Need help finding the right amount? Use the SEM Mount Finder to find your perfect mount!