REBEKA BSE Detector for SEM
REBEKA™ represents a new retractable BSE detector for electron microscopy which combines the best available single crystal scintillators manufactured in Crytur with precise high vacuum mechanics and readout electronics in one ready-to-use package.
The BSE detector is a scintillator based detection unit for scattered electrons which includes YAG:Ce scintillator and light-guide (Sensor Unit ), vacuum optical feed-through, bellows based vacuum retraction mechanism (Mechanical Unit ), photomultiplier (PMT) and Electronics Control Unit. The scintillator is a YAG:Ce single crystal with a conductive ITO coating. The scintillating light is detected by the PMT module. The retractable vacuum mechanics is motorized.
Sample: IC bonds - Au bond on metallized Si wafer
BSE imaging at low beam current, the same FOV
BSE 2kV | 20pA | 320µs/pxl
BSE 5kV | 20pA | 100µs/pxl
The REBEKA can be fitted to most any SEM. Information on the desired location and flange would be needed so that the appropriate plate can be manufactured.
- YAG:Ce scintillator with optimized efficiency and minimized afterglow.
- Exclusive CRYTUR LOW-ENERGY COATING™ sensitive down to 0.5 keV
- Exponential decay time: 75 ns with 30 photons/keV
- Outer diameter: 15 mm
- Inner hole diameter: 6 / 4 / 2 or 1.2 mm.
- Sensitivity: down to 1pA beam current
- Dimensions: 406 x 100 x 72 mm
- Bellows design for ultimate vacuum
- 150 mm motorized retraction
- +/- 2 mm fine adjustment in x, y, z axis
- 0.01 mm repeatability
- Detector tip covered by metal protecting tube, final thickness 3.5 mm, width 24 mm
- Flange adapted to customer's SEM system
Electronics Control Package:
- Dimensions 210 x 180 x 80 mm
- Supply 230/110 V
- 3 noise filters optimized for different scanning speeds
- 50 MHz bandwidth
- Internal source 0-1200 V for PMT HV
- Output video signal -1/+1V (-5/+5V)
- Full remote software control