Silicon Half Grid - Lift Out Grid with Single Mounting Finger, Pkg 10
Dune Sciences’ Silicon Half Grids for FIB sample preparation offer a dramatic improvement in the preparation of in-situ FIB specimen for TEM, tomography, and atom probe from virtually any material. Silicon provides an ultra-clean, metal-free substrate that readily bonds with Pt and can easily be modified to match your sample geometry.Features and benefits
- Standard 3 mm geometry with 100 um thickness fits in any TEM and FIB preparation sample holder.
- B-doped conductive silicon minimizes charging during sample preparation and TEM imaging.
- Rigid substrate will not bend to improve handling, especially for multi-step processing/imaging.
- Metal-free silicon grids eliminate heavy elements from EDS spectra.
- Substrate "O" mark on one side identifies grid orientation.
- Ideal for broad range of applications including semiconductors, cryoFIB preparation, and for fixed/embedded soft materials.
- Beveled surface of silicon half grids mate to bottom cut of FIB lamella to improve bonding and reduce build-up of platinum.
- Created using the same state-of-the-art microfabrication methods as the functionalized SMART TEM Grids, Dune’s FIB grids are robust, easy to handle, and simple to use.