Micropol Model MC3 110 volt
Micropol Model MC3 110 Volts:
Micropol is a compact, electronically controlled, precise mechanical specimen grinder/polisher designed for planar grinding, dimpling, thinning and polishing of specimens in the fields of nanotechnology, semiconductors and materials science. The parameters of polishing (speed, load, time, etc.) can be matched according to the properties of the specimen. High quality samples are prepared with minimal effects by the operator.
MicroPol polishes by the action of an arm moving the specimen in a random geometric pattern, pressing it to the bottom of a bowl containing suitable abrasive material. The abrasive material can be grinding paper, or suspension of polishing compound deposited on polishing cloth.
- Small size (251 x 210 x 181 mm)
- Many application possibilities
- Rugged, corrosion-proof construction
- Variable speed control for precision polishing
- Quick change bayonet mount bowls
- Timer for automatic operation
- The Micropol MC2 has been specially designed for prescision TEM polishing applications.
- Mechanical thinning and polishing of light microscopic and transmission electron microscopic samples prior to ion beam thinning. For this purpose four types of specimen holder have been designed. All are convenient for mounting samples 3 mm or less in diameter.
- Mineralogy, metallurgy, materials science.
Power Supply Subunit:
- Input voltage: 100–240 V / 50–60 Hz
- Power consumption: max. 85 W
- Dimensions: 251 mm x 210 mm x 181 mm
- Specimen load: 0–5 N, mechanically adjustable
- Specimen size: max. 35 mm x 20 mm
- Moved mass: max. 150 g
- Timer: 1–3600 s, electronically adjustable
Accessories (Shipped with unit)
- Flat plastic polishing bowls - 4 pieces
- Sperical bowls for dimpling:Cu, Al, plastic lining, empty bowl - 1 piece each
- Specimen holder for flat bowl - 1 piece
- Specimen holder for spherical bowl - 1 piece
- Thickness Measuring Kit - 1 piece
- Starting Kit of consumables (abrasive papers, polishing cloth, samples of abrasive diamond pastes and thermoplastic wax)
The arm of the Micropol™ moves the specimen holder or the specimen itself in a semi-random geometric pattern gently pressing it to the bottom of a bowl containing suitable abrasive material. The abrasive material can be grinding paper or suspensions of polishing compound deposited on polishing cloth.