SPI Supplies Vacu-Prep II 110 v
SPI Supplies Vacu-Prep II 110
The SPI Supplies Vacu Prep II is a fast, clean, high vacuum bench top evaporator with simple automated operation for evaporation or sputtering. It utilizes solid state electronics to control the pump down, evaporation and venting sequences. Safe, reliable and easy to maintain, the Vacu Prep II can be used for routine carbon coating or the evaporation of various metals and materials. The interactive touch pad screen allows easy control of all systems. No need to remember if you opened or closed a valve, the screen allows you to monitor and run the system manually, or runs automatically to achieve the desired vacuum.
- Electron Microscopy Sample Preparation
- High-Vacuum Carbon Coating for TEM and X-Ray Analysis
- Resistance Evaporation of Metallic Compounds
- Carbon Support Films
- Carbon Platinum Replicas
- Rotary Shadowing
- Aperture Cleaning
- Asbestos Analysis
- Failure Analysis
With fast pump down times, the system can quickly achieve an ultimate base vacuum in the 10-7 torr range. The Vacu Prep II features a large base plate that can accommodate multiple feed throughs, fixturing, and applications.
The 12”dia. (30.5 cm) x 18”h (45.7cm) chamber provides ample space for evaporation and sputtering applications. A guide allows the bell jar to be raised and lowered with ease.
Short Pump Down Cycles
A turbo molecular pump is the heart of the system. The compound turbo molecular pump operates at a rate of 60 liters/second to achieve excellent base vacuum levels in a short period of time. Typical pump down cycles (10-5) are achieved in under 10 minutes for a typical carbon coating of TEM grids. Use of the liquid nitrogen trap increases the rate of pump down to even higher vacuum.
Powerful Control System
The touch screen operates the system and provides full control for the following modes: service, manual, and semi-automatic. Screens are easy to read and follow. Incorporated standard software makes it easy to support and avoid costly customization fees.
Safety interlocks mitigate damage to the operator and equipment. Emergency shut off switch is located visible on the front panel.
The Vacu Prep II comes with the following standard features:
- 60 liter/minute turbo molecular pump
- Interactive touch screen control pad
- Pneumatically actuated high vacuum valves
- Stainless steel base plate assembly
- 12”dia. (30.5 cm) x 18”h (45.7cm) bell jar assembly with manual lift guide
- Evaporation power supply with Shutter
- Carbon rod evaporation assembly
- Filament holder
- Rotation assembly
- LN2 trap and funnel
- Size: 31”w (78.7 cm) x 28”d (71.1 cm) x 30”h (76.2 cm)
- Weighs: 250 lb (113.4 kg)
- Air (for valving system): 80 psig
- Nitrogen: optional for venting (5-10 psig)
- Electrical Power: 110V and 220V models.
A mechanical pump is needed to back the turbo pump. The pump must be capable of 85 L/min.
We suggest the Oerlikon Leybold SC15D scroll pump as a suitable pump for this system. This is a dry scroll pump and is oil free.