FlipScribe Cleaving and Scribing Tool by LatticeGear LLC
FlipScribe is a compact, stable, accurate, fast and low cost scribing and cleaving solution suitable for any lab. It allows
users to accurately scribe the backside while targeting features on the front side. The FlipScribe also offers a quick
method for cleanly downsizing samples. It eliminates contamination of sensitive front side devices during the scribing processes and is especially valuable for crystalline and amorphous samples.
- Enables accurate cleaving through frontside targets with a scribe made on the backside of the substrate
- Scribe does not damage the frontside of the sample
- Accuracy of scribe ±200 μm (achievable)
- Flexible with respect to sample size and shape
- Capable of scribing bonded crystalline and amorphous wafers and chips for subsequent cleaving
- No maintenance required
- Accurate positioning of the scribe relative to features on the front side (the front side being observed either by eye or with a stereoscope).
- The length of the scribe can be varied from 1 mm to 100 mm
- Prealigned diamond scribe in user replaceable cartridge; height and angle adjustable
- Ruler embedded in platform enables precise and repeatable sample align¬ment and sizing
- The tool is purely mechanical; no power required.