Optically transparent ceramic grids with an integrated ceramic film coatings.
With increasingly diverse and specialized applications in both optical and electron microcopies, there is a growing demand for a specimen support that can be used in cross platform application. To help met these needs, SPI Supplies introduces a novel class of ceramic-based supports. SPI Supplies Ceramic Grids and Discs are a nanostructured alumina ceramic material (aluminum oxide) that are produced using a microfabrication process. They provide an alternative when other materials may be unsuitable.Product Specs & Features
- High thermal and chemical resistance.
- Optically transparent, minimal fluorescence background.
- Reduced beam-induced movement.
- Biocompatible, non-toxic, hydrophilic.
- "Wafer-style" packaging (both Grids and Discs)
- Improved image quality.
- New capabilities in optical and fluorescence microscopy, including imaging across entire grid structure.
- Improved cell culture growth and specimen adhesion, rapid freezing for cryo-EM analyses.
- High temperature capable for environmental EM.
- Custom designs and specifications per user input.