Kammrath & Weiss Tensile/Compression Module
Tensile/Compression Module for Testing up to 10kN
The Kammrath and Weiss Materials Testing Modules represent the highest quality testing platforms for mechanical testing and transfer of materials to the SEM.
This tensile module (compression as an option) for the SEM (and a limited selection of “Atomic Force Microscopes”) fits on most sample stage just like an oversize specimen. The test objects should be 20 to 60 mm long, not thicker than 5 mm.
The tensile lead screws of the load frame are threaded with right and left pitches at their opposite ends. So the area in the middle from where the specimen elongates in both directions will stand almost perfectly still.
The PC-controlled microprocessor electronics (DDS-3) with a large software package (MDS) is part of the standard shipment. A great number of test parameters and experiments routines are menu-guided, and easy to use. The program is especially suitable for cyclic tests. Many sub routines, such as compensation of the device’s individual flexure and online recording of the modulus of elasticity are integrated. Furthermore crack recognition, ramping, and many other functions are included. E.g. Video capturing is available as option and many further features more.
Alternatively, a starter system with a manual controller is available.
The manual controller has a handheld unit with display for displacement and load, and a keypad with dials for smooth speed setting. Up and down keys with arrows are marked for the loading/relaxing direction. A USB-Port supports measurements data output.
Static or dynamic observations of surface changes under controlled mechanical load, crack growth, delamination phenomena, formation of slip planes etc.
Metals, ceramics, glass, ceramic bulk materials or layers, galvanic coatings, soldered or welded joints, minerals, wood, organic materials.
This materials testing, the device fits most of today’s SEM specimen stages. Four small standoffs allow to place it under a light microscope, AFM, Laser- or Raman microscope.
- Load ranges: from 10µN up to 5000 N (10kN option)
- Specimen dimensions in mm (max. sizes): 60 x 10 x 5
- Deformations speed range: 0.3 to 50 µm/sec. Other speed ranges on request.
- Displacement: The module is equipped with a linear encoder displacement gauge. This gauge covers the total displacement range up to 45mm, with a resolution of 100nm.
- Electrical connection: 230/110 VAC.
- Module dimensions in mm (w x h x l): 150 x 55 x 220.
- Load cells: 10N, 20N, 50N, 100N, 200N, 500N, 1kN, 2kN, 5kN, 10kN
- Extensometer: Range: +/- 1mm, resolution: <100nm; other on request
- Heating / Cooling: from room temperature up to 800° C or
+/- 100° C, incl. PID-controller.
- Specimen clamping: for loads >500N, <500N, round shaped specimen, choose out of more than 30 different custom tailored clamps
- Adaptation for: EBSP, Diffractometer, AFM or Synchrotron application.
- Video-Extensometer: VEDDAC-strain
- Image-Capture: reviewing the image along the data curve
- Software interface for remote control e.g. LabView
Modularity / Flexibility
Kammrath and Weiss Systems are designed to meet your testing requirements and can be adapted to your specific application. There are many options to consider. The easiest way to begin is to contact us and discuss your particular needs.